Subject: [Leica] Scanning Ilford HP5+...question
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Tue Aug 9 16:57:00 2005

I'm thinking Callier effect, myself.  (Says the guy with a darkroom
full of condenser enlargers because I'll trade grain for sharp on a
print any day and diffusion prints always look a little soft...)

Dunno.  I have a 5400 Elite (mod 1) with Vuescan and have the same
problem... and the only answer I have is a scan from a wet print.
Since I like printing, this isn't such a huge problem for me, but I'd
like to be able to cut that step out sometimes.

I'm scanning at full res, and I wonder if maybe I'm trying to pull
TOO much detail from the neg and getting the grain as part of the
detail.    May have to experiment with that in my copious spare
second.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com