Subject: [Leica] Homeland security woes, digital cameras, and not using Leicas
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Aug 4 19:34:07 2005

That's just silly. I photograph all over the U.S. and haven't been
harrassed or bothered. My son lugged a back pack of photo gear through
the New York subway two weeks ago and didn't get a stir out of the
transit police. I don't think he was taking pictures in the subway
station but he did take photos all over NYC with no problems - even
pictures of (gasp) buildings.

I see isolated (and infuriating) incidents of authorities behaving
badly, but I hardly think it's "too risky" to take pictures. If that
is too risky then riding in a car must be unthinkable! <grin>

Adam