Subject: [Leica] Acros & black spots
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Aug 3 19:36:20 2005

I just discovered tiny black flecks on my FP4+ negs (2 rolls). I asked
over on APUG and got two responses:

-1- Photo flow can do this sometimes

-2- Bits of silver in the fix can get lodged in the emulsion.

In my case, #2 is a likely theory. I also do a two bath fix, and I
imagine my bath #1 might be too old.  It's not that old, though,
so who really knows.

I'm going to try a rewash. Again, advice is to *gently* wash the film
with my fingers (as in a gentle rub) under running water, then a final
rinse in distilled water. I'll see.

Just when I get think I'm getting my own processing down....

Scott