Subject: OT now, Was: [Leica] Piercings and Tatoos
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Tue Aug 2 17:09:11 2005

Really, gentlemen! In every society with which I am passingly familiar where
arranged marriages are the norm, the wife is expected to be subservient to
the husband (though in some, the wife manages through subterfuge to have
some small say-so). Even worse, the prospective husband can survey his
proposed bride and decide to accept or reject his parents' choice while the
prospective wife has no such option.

I know we have some list members who are intimately familiar with these
societies and perhaps they will persuade me that I am not correct. But this
is my present understanding.

Seth