Subject: [Leica] Piercings and Tatoos
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Sun Jul 31 19:40:56 2005

kididdoc@cox.net (Steve Barbour) wrote:

>yes, thanks Tina, you have made me think...and perhaps we have found
>a partial understanding to 9/11....
>
>too much religion and too little humanity...
>
>Steve

Steve,

Since I tend to think of myself as being in both the "religion" business
and, I fervently hope, the "humanity" business, I find it useful to
remember that ALL religions, and ALL political systems, have their fair
share of cranks.  The religious cranks of all sorts right
now...Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu...are having a field day because
they have learned anew an old lesson: i.e., blow up enough stuff and
people will pay attention to you.

In your work, and photography, I imagine you know the same thing I know
in my work:  For every crank, there are a hundred quiet, unassuming,
decent, generous, compassionate people who go about their lives doing
good deeds, caring for their neighbors, bringing honor to their
religion.  We just don't hear much about them, and why should we?

Peace,

Ken
--
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier