Subject: [Leica] Piercings and Tatoos
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Sun Jul 31 19:27:03 2005

images@infoave.net (Tina Manley) wrote:

>It will be interesting to see if the same is
>true in the other families we photograph.

I attended a Jewish wedding two weeks ago.  The groom, and his family,
are Iraqi Jews, recently arrived, and they brought "their" rabbis from
Long Island.  The bride is from a "secular" USA Jewish family.  The
rabbis' homilies during the service, and the groom's father's comments
(a short sermon) at the reception, were all about the family, how many
children the bride had to have (she actually laughed out loud at that
comment), what she had to do to make her husband successful, etc.  There
was none of the usual fluffy love stuff one might hear at a wedding.

And, yes, Tina, faith and family in traditional cultures are tightly
interwoven.

Ken
--
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier