Subject: [Leica] older lens CLA question
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Fri Jul 22 03:59:55 2005

Use them.

Do the "flashlight test" only if you want to see what is inside the lens
(i.e. shine a flashlight through the lens and see how clear they are).
You will be surprised what you find - haze, etc.  But you will also be
surprised how little effect it has on images, unless the defects are
really major.

CLA the lens only if the iris mechanism is sluggish, or if the focus is
rough.

Regards,

Vick Ko