Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Jul 16 20:57:54 2005

I have been fascinated with Atlanta's insensitivity to buildings of
any age.  Not far from my house is a small neighborhood of homes built
probably in the late forties that is scheduled to be demolished for a
high rise condominium.  What used to be middle to upper middle class
housing has had the valuable moldings, mantels, and bath fixtures
removed and holes punched into the walls to discourage the homeless
from moving in.

Below is the beginning of my record keeping of these homes.

First up is a wide view of a bedroom almost as if a storm warning had
caused the owners to flee, leaving their possessions behind them:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Urban-Renewal/happybirthdayroom

This is a closer view, the web will probably not show the wrapping
paper proclaiming "Happy Birthday"

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Urban-Renewal/happybirthdaycloser

For some reason, I find this image of ivy growing into the room very
engaging:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Urban-Renewal/windowintojungle

Likewise, a mostly normal room with the wild taking over almost like a
doomsday SCIFI novel:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Urban-Renewal/triffidbathroom

Comments, brickbats, derision, or your poor tired unexposed film all
cheerfully accepted.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com

Replies: Reply from dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter) ([Leica] Don's PAW)