Subject: [Leica] Travel Pictures
From: jim.christie at sbcglobal.net (Jim Christie)
Date: Thu Jul 14 09:25:26 2005

Alistair,

Thanks for your kind response to my self-analysis memo on why I shoot
pictures. Also, I found your Europe trip thoughts interesting and it stirs a
question in my mind about what you will do with your photos from the trip.

I love to travel and take the pictures and enjoy them later, but I'm still
looking for a consistent way of categorizing them, storing them and then
sharing them. I've been storing everything on my hard drive and I know this
is a bad/high risk thing to do and I need to off load them onto CDs or DVDs
for more permanent storage. With the pictures (keepers) I may print them
onto a contact sheet (usually 8 to 12 per sheet) and then maybe print some
larger (8x10) and put the contact sheets and pictures and miscellaneous
travel material into some type of presentation/display book.

What are your thoughts and suggestions for handling travel pictures? Other
LUG members thoughts are also welcome.

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Travel Pictures)
Reply from clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss) ([Leica] Travel Pictures)
Reply from gwlists at aol.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Travel Pictures)