Subject: [Leica] where oh where is the DMR?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Tue Jun 28 15:50:25 2005

I think you hit the nail on the head - "it's hard to design a good
rangefinder".

I've disassembled and studied a bunch of competing designs from Zeiss
Contax, Nikon RF, Leica LTM.

For clarity and crispness of RF patch, Leitz is by far the winner

For functionality (frame lines), Leitz is again the winner.

And I'm sure Epson and Cosina are smart companis - if they can't design
a good cost-effective RF with all their genius, then it must be hard.

I'd like to see a Zeiss vs Leica M RF comparison - is there one out
there?

Regards,

Vick Ko