Subject: [Leica] Information on the Summarit, from those who repairor have had one repaired?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Mon Jun 27 15:24:52 2005

Thanks for your comments, Gene.

I am glad to hear that the lenses do not need active collimation during
assembly.

If the reassembly and alignment is done via machined tolerances, I can
deal with that.

My experience with Leica design is that the precision was machined and
matched into the lens, allowing careful disassembly and reassembly by
subsequent service staff.

Regards,

Vick Ko