Subject: [Leica] new Puts article
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sat Jun 25 04:09:10 2005

I could hardly follow this article. Bigger lenses? That's not what Oly
is claiming about their 4/3 sensor - right?

Is he talking about sensor/negative format, or something particular to
digital sensors?  If so, the evidence provided in the article is somewhat
shy compared to many of his other articles.

Many folks prefer the performance of certain 135 format lenses on
APS-C sensors. The Nikkor 35/2 AFD comes to mind for example.

Is Puts talking about some theoretical truth to which material
reality to which material reality has not yet caught up?

I just couldn't quite follow this particular article, which rambled on
and on, and contradicted alot of "received wisdom" I've read to date.

What am I missing?

Scott