Subject: [Leica] Hermes Apologizes to Oprah
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Thu Jun 23 17:05:35 2005

Thanks for your advice Chris.  I happen to be a professor of Film
Studies and don't need any lessons on it from you.  But I do have a
lesson for you.  In Blazing Saddles, the racists are the butt of the
humour -- their racist remarks, or the way the Cleavon Little
character manipulates them by turning racism against them, indicate
what idiots they are.  If it is your intention to indicate that the
objectionable cracks on this thread indicate the same about the person
who voiced them, then I think you understand the point of Mel Brooks'
humour. However, since this doesn't appear to be the case, let me
respectfully suggest that you are way off base.

Mark