Subject: [Leica] OT: Real SPAM
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Fri Jun 17 04:45:53 2005

Marc:

> Within five years, only those living in a megalopolis will enjoy the
> existence of a local store stocking any analog film materials.  For
> the rest of us, it will be suppliers from some large city, ordered
> over the Internet and delivered by mail.

For the past 4 years, I've bought all of my film from B&H.  Before I moved
away from Minneapolis, I could have bought the film I wanted at twice the
price...or more.  Or I could simply order some and wait for it to be
delivered to my door.

I don't have a local option anymore.  For all intents and purposes, I don't
have a local camera shop.  Oh, I do.  But their idea of a high end body is a
digital rebel.  They don't even stock the better Canons or Nikons.  I have
to leave the state to find a Leica dealer.

I ordered a new batch of film from B&H last week.  Ordered on Monday.