Subject: [Leica] Spam Re: Erwin's Latest
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Jun 16 00:12:03 2005

In the sixties when our family returned to the states for my father's
stint in Japan (Air Force), he bought a Rambler station-wagon (we were
five kids, I was the oldest,  about 12 or 13).

Anyway, the Rambler broke down in Lovelock, Nevada and we had to send
away for parts. This was back in the days before plastic money and we
didn't have a lot of cash on us. Living in a motel room for a week was
not part of the projected budget.

So to keep costs down we ate a lot of SPAM; spread mustard on it with
chewing-gum sticks.

Still can't get anyone in the family to touch the stuff again. We're
all spammed out.

Daniel