Subject: [Leica] Run on Leica R lenses :-)
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu Jun 16 06:09:11 2005

On the other hand, Doug, the less exotic, bread and butter lenses are
going for a song, the s/h shops here are full of 35s and 50s and dozens
of R bodies too, including quite a lot of R8 and R9.
Zeiss lenses are still quite a rarity on the s/h market although I
picked up a very nice Sonnar 135/2,8 for very little a couple of months
ago.

You may be pleased to hear that SL and SL2 bodies are still very few and
far between, must be keepers.
I've just been trying out the 3 2-cam lenses I got with a chrome SL, as
a swap for an M2 with 2 lenses a few weeks ago, all in nearly mint
condition, 20D doesn't care about cams so I now have a 35/50/135 stable
for Canon digital use. The SL is so much beter condition than the one I
already had that it will be taking a  prominent position amongst the
collected stuff rather than becoming a user, my grubby black SL still
gets taken for some exercise every now and again, just to keep it fit.