Subject: [Leica] Run on Leica R lenses :-)
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu Jun 16 05:08:41 2005

on 6/16/05 12:27 AM, nathan.wajsman@planet.nl at nathan.wajsman@planet.nl
wrote:

 In general, in the past 2-3 months there has been a veritable explosion
> of interest in Leica (and some Zeiss) glass on the Fred Miranda Canon
> forum. And it is not just migrating users like me who are using R glass
> on DSLRs; several people who have never owned Leica stuff are actually
> buying R lenses to use on their Canons. Maybe this is after they saw
> some of the 100mm Apo Macro shots I posted ;-)

The run on Leica-R lenses has resulted in some price explosions on the
second-hand market:  in January a near-mint 280mm f/4 APO could be purchased
from a reputable dealer for about US$2,200, and a few days ago a 280 f/4 APO
sold on the big auction website for just over US$3,000 with over two dozen
bids.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com