Subject: [Leica] 4/180 Elmar-R
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed Jun 15 19:49:38 2005

IME it's performance is much like the thin 180 Elmarit-R, which I used
briefly a few years ago.  Watch for flare when sunlight strikes the front
element.  Very nice bokeh, small and light enough to never leave behind, can
use ELPRO close-up lenses.  I wish it had a rotating tripod mount so I could
use the shoulder stock with it.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com