Subject: [Leica] re: Digital vs. film debate
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Jun 15 12:31:31 2005

Hi Chris,

I am confident that film will continue to be available for a long, long
time, so that should not be a consideration in your decision. I have
chosen for digital for other reasons.

Regarding the Digilux 2, it is certainly a competent point and shoot,
but nothing more than that. Aside from the red dot, it bears no
resemblance to an M Leica. It is NOT a rangefinder; it does not even
have an optical viewfinder--it is electronic only, and simply awful.
Couple that with the high price, and I would strongly suggest you
explore other options if you decide to switch to digital.

Nathan