Subject: [Leica] Re: Erwin's Latest
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Tue Jun 14 15:38:23 2005

Sometimes you just have to rely on luck, and maybe some judicious
darkroom work (wet or digital).  I ventured out into the DC muck
today. A few shots I could take my time, consider the metering and
framing and what not.

Then I happened upon some weird dudes sleeping on cots in an alley,
work boots next to the cots. Siesta I guess.  There was a fellow on a
cell phone who might have been a "lookout" - not sure. In any case,
I quickly metered on some shaded wall, focused on one of the feet
sticking out and started walking closer taking as a few horizontals
and verticals until I felt I had gotten close enough for comfort.
Shooting FP4+ and with a 50mm lens, I probably had a smaller
aperture and hence not the DOF I would like for such quick grab
shots. We'll see. Maybe the photo gods will smile upon me today :-)

And I shot with one of my "crappier" lenses, the CV 50/2.5, that
I've been giving a "2nd chance" for the last few weeks.  We'll see.

Scott