Subject: [Leica] Re: Erwin's Latest
From: dalmy at comcast.net (David W. Almy)
Date: Tue Jun 14 20:25:49 2005

Good discussion, all,

Great photography is the result of a photographer's choices regarding
technology and aesthetics. You cannot sidestep either. Great photographers
know, accept and leverage this reality. On the technology side, every point
in the imaging chain affects the effectiveness of the image. Consequently,
until such time as we all use identical tools and techniques, there will be
valuable discussion about what works best to produce the result we hope to
achieve. That's one reason the LUG exists. Besides, it's fun to talk about
technology (and aesthetics), in perspective, of course.

(Sorry, BD, but everything matters!)

David W. Almy
Annapolis

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: Erwin's Latest)