Subject: [Leica] A motorcycle ride in southern Friesland
From: woc2 at earthlink.net (Bill O'Connell)
Date: Sun Jun 12 16:05:37 2005

Nathan,
SHMBO'd in this this household has a G5 which we debated upgrading to a 6
but will probably wait a day or two for the 7 :->  She got it for trips when
she does not feel like lugging a lot of stuff along - or does not have me to
do it for her...

As mentioned, the pictures were great!  Figured it might not a Leica when
you mentioned where you carried it.
I often carry my Olympus 500 with me when I ride because of it's water/dust
resistance and fitting in my shirt pocket but tend not be overly pleased
with the results - more like taking snapshots.  I may have to upgrade to the
G5 after seeing your work.

Often wonder what, if any, impact the vibration of the bike will have on a
digital camera.  They seem for fragile then their film counterparts.
Granted the R1100 is pretty smooth but still has a constant vibration at
road speeds.

Passed your photos along to the owner of the G5 and suggested it may be time
to add this area to the trip list.  This fall is already set up for a trip
to Greece  The agency she runs specializes in Greece trips so we go there
every other year or so but I can see the Netherlands looming on the horizon.

Bill