Subject: [Leica] A motorcycle ride in southern Friesland / cameras on bikes
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun Jun 12 21:05:22 2005

Bill,

The G6 is very good at ISO 100 and 200, less so at 400 (highest speed).
But this is the case with all these small-sensor cameras. It would not
fit in a shirt pocket, but I live in a climate where you wear a jacket
for riding at all times (besides the safety issue), so it just has to
fit in a jacket pocket.

On the general issue of vibration damage from carrying the cameras on
the motorcycle, this is something I have always been worried about,
especially with the Leica M--I was afraid that the rangefinder would be
knocked out of alignment on my very buzzy GS 500, particularly since I
use a Domke bag which does not have a lot of padding. So what I always
do is to put a small pillow or chair cushion in the topcase of the bike,
and then the camera bag on top of that. That works fine. When I fly, I
either put the Domke on the seat next to me, if possible, or, if the
plane is full and I must stow it in the overhead bin, I put it on top of
a jacket or one of the blankets they give you on longer flights. So far
it has worked fine for me.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman