Subject: [Leica] Film production stills help?
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed Jun 8 21:18:02 2005

Matt,

If you are going to be shooting inside, this means artificial lighting.
Maybe tungsten, maybe fluorescent, maybe a mix. Under those
circumstances shooting JPEG is a risky business. If your images turn out
to have a color cast, you will have a much more difficult time
correcting it in JPEG than if you have the RAW image to work from.
Converting the JPEG to TIFF is not going to help, since your starting
point is already degraded by the conversion to JPEG. I never shoot JPEG
anymore, and certainly not in the circumstances you describe.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands