Subject: [Leica] The End of The "M"
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Jun 8 13:40:39 2005

No, if you really want the company to survive, the thing to hope for is the
end of the M film line and the beginning of the digital M line. Because if
they build it - and it is excellent, and it doesn't cost more than current
high-end DSLR bodies - people will definitely buy it. Photojournalists will
once again be using Leicas. Rich people will buy them. Not so rich people
will even buy them. Such a camera might just keep Leica afloat for a while.