Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica DMR vs. Canon 20D comparison shots
From: robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier)
Date: Sun Jun 5 09:46:42 2005

Phil Askey makes some other points about the smaller sensor that are
important:  that image quality with a smaller sensor is considerably better
because of two things -- the lens is not as good near the edges and those
edges are not used with an APS-size sensor, and the nature of the chip is
that chromatic aberations increase at the edges of a larger sensor with the
more oblique angle of light from wide angle lenses.   I think these
considerations go into his great enthusiam for the D2X.   And he may be
right -- less than a full 24x36mm sensor might well be optimum.

Bob