Subject: [Leica] Car Prices
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Jun 5 00:37:14 2005

Hi Mike,
I know the quality issues are being addressed, the Leica analogy was
not far out however. Few cars have the longevity of, say, a W124 "E"
class, and M-B probably only maintain this level of quality nowadays
in the "S" class. The market is very price conscious and the Leica
equivalent (or Nikon F2) level of mechanical quality will never be
seen again as people are not prepared to pay the price when there are
so many cheaply made products which, using modern manufacturing (and
marketing) techniques, are pretty satisfactory to 99% of customers.
Frank

On 4 Jun, 2005, at 20:52, Michael J Herring wrote:

> Hi Frank,
> We are working on the quality issue. Unfortunately, I don't think
> we live
> in
> a time where we will ever see quality similar to the Leica M3. Nothing
> will
> be built to last a lifetime or more.
>
> Mike

>>> a