Subject: [Leica] Car Prices
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sat Jun 4 01:15:37 2005

Hi Mark,
I bought my first Merc in the 80's and have had one ever since. The
best of them, and the only one I have kept, is a 1991 500E, the best
car made IMHO, and I've tried a few. I have owned a BMW M3, which had
a good looking but uncomfortable seat and a stuffy ventilation
system, the engine was great but I got rid of it after a few months
as I was never comfortable in it, particularly in winter. I borrowed
a M5 once and it was a great car but not up to the 500E standard on
manufacture and less suitable for every day use.
I do now do work for a company for which BMW is a sponsor and engine
supplier but I have not bought one, nobody gets one given!
Frank