Subject: [Leica] OT: Automatic Transmissions Are Deadly Boring
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat Jun 4 09:01:24 2005

Like everything else discussed on this list, Marc, it's all about different
strokes for different folks. You prefer manual transmissions? Good for you -
keep driving a car with one as long as you can find it. Other people prefer
auto transmissions - more power to them. But "learn how to drive
intelligently?" Given that any drooling idiot can learn how to drive a car
with a manual transmission, and given that there have been inconsiderate
drivers on the road as long as there have been cars, you really might want
to reconsider the need to be quite so nasty and condescending. Driving a car
with a manual transmission does not in any way suggest that you are smarter
than any one else, nor as a better driver. It does identify you as
something, but I'm not quite sure what it is. ;-)