Subject: [Leica] 35 f1.4 pre-ASPH
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon May 30 16:19:04 2005

Tina Manley answered feli:
Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 f1.4 pre-ASPH

> I think it's the charm that seduces ;-)  I love my pre-Asph lux but only
> when I want the photo to have a certain charm - old, pre-Asph, glow,
> whatever-you-want-call-it.  It's not stellar but it is a "look" that it's
> hard to duplicate even with Photoshop CS2!<<<

I bought one as my first 35mm lens along with 3 M4's and 3 other lenses and
I never thought of it in any other manner than it was a 35mm lens. :-)

Of course since joining the LUG some years ago I've learned all kinds of
reasons why people buy Leica lenses, heck I just bought them because I
needed them for my work and they were fast. ;-)

Glow? Leica whatever effect? Heck it's a damn fine lens and I still have it
since I bought it in 1967 and it's got about a half million miles on it. No
lens hood, well part o one. It finally fell apart because it was banged so
often the outer part got all bent up and Leica wanted an enormous amount of
money to replace it. So I threw away the front part and kept the inner
section that's still attached to the lens. And that's the way it is today.
:-)

Good pictures? You betcha, well OK captured moments on film, as it still
makes fine 16X20 prints by available light or available darkness!

Although a couple of years ago I bought the CV 35 f 1.2 and it's a cracker
jack lens working in similar light. I probably use it more than the Leica 35
1.4 these days.

ted

Message from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] 35 f1.4 pre-ASPH)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] 35 f1.4 pre-ASPH)