Subject: [Leica] Re:Second thoughts about digitals
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sat May 28 08:53:41 2005

There's only one point you're missing, Kelvin - The person who purchase a
20D  and uses it for personal photography really doesn't have to worry about
the depreciation for the simple reason that cameras such as the 20D are now
at the point in the digital evolution that they do not need to be replaced
until they die - the quality is such that in the hands of most amateurs who
don't do most of their shooting on a tripod, they will produce images equal
in quality to those produced by the best 35 mm film equipment hand held
under the same conditions - So why feel compelled to keep trading up, and
why worry about depreciation?