Subject: [Leica] Re:Second thoughts about digitals
From: kelvinlee at pacific.net.sg (kelvinlee@pacific.net.sg)
Date: Fri May 27 22:36:37 2005

Digital cameras are best really, for people who actually use their cameras.
Not great for people who otherwise shoot 2 rolls a year, who should then
stick to film.

What is the real cost of running a film camera?
Assume you shoot 10 rolls of film a week. That's 52 rolls a year. Assume
film+process is about US$5/roll (conservatively). That's US$2600 a year.

Will your DSLR depreciate $2600 a year? For most people who use a EOS 10D
or 20D , probably not. ... so the savings in film+process often makes up for
the depreciation.

Furthermore, I find I shoot more with digitals than I did w/ film.

You can't do a 1:1 comparison b/n film and digital ... because the running
cost of film camera is actually higher in comparison, for people who
actually
use their cameras regularly.