Subject: [Leica] RE: Rick Dykstra - The Birds Gallery
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Sat May 21 17:46:38 2005

Sneaky stalking up on the critters is so satisfying when it works.
Nailing them to the perch Monty Python style is tempting sometimes.

I've tried infra red beams with cables and batteries and stuff.  All
very entertaining but only one in a hundred shots is any good.  What
works better is setting up real close and sitting real still.  They
come.  Food and water helps.  A blind is even better.  And if you
really want to freak out the humans while you're at it, wear full
camos.  Wait till they're on top of you then say, "Good Morning!" with
your best Gollum/Smeagol voice.  They run.  hehe.

Rick.