Subject: [Leica] RE: Rick Dykstra - The Birds Gallery
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat May 21 16:52:44 2005

on 5/21/05 4:35 PM, Jim Christie at jim.christie@sbcglobal.net wrote:

> Rick, Your bird gallery of pictures is absolutely beautiful. It convinces
> me
> that to even start to get such good pictures I'll need to invest in a real
> long tele. Great pictures, so sharp and well composed. Thanks for sharing.
>
> Jim Christie

Jim,

I"m also an admirer of Rick's photos, and many of his would not have been
possible w/o the super-long lenses - HOWEVER in many situations good field
work can substitute for a lot of mm of focal length.  At
http://www.wildlightphoto.com/300.html are many of my photos made with
lenses from 250mm to 300mm.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento