Subject: [Leica] OT: canon 1dsII now has a wireless network transmitter
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sat May 21 07:24:38 2005

I'll agree with you on shooting RAW. Just started fiddling with that and
it's churn, churn, churn. Huge files and slow processing. Still, me'thinks
it'll have its uses.

As for "digital darkroom," I often get pleasure from working an image.
No, not bizzaro PS graphical effects, but some selective levels work (I use
PWP with the convenient mask feature), some digital dodging and burning,
with color (oh, so rarely) some selective color correction, trying different
sharpening approaches. With digi, I'll try different mono conversions, and
with film, I'll sometimes backup and try a different scanning approach.

It's fun and gratifying to mix one's labor (and "vision" I guess) with
the final
print, and just sometimes, maybe worth the effort :-)

Scott