Subject: [Leica] Summaron eyes
From: ealadner at comcast.net (Eric Ladner)
Date: Fri May 13 08:52:45 2005

I'm a little confused by this. While I can see that the bayonet ring on
my Summaron f:3.5 might be removable (it appears to be held in place by
three screws at the bottom of the lens), it would not be much like an
LTM/M adapter--just the bayonet lugs, without the flange with the lens
information and red dot--and it would be much thinner, without the
depth of the threads. And, although the eyes are removable, they are
completely separate from the lens mount: they slide onto a foot on the
top of the lens, and are secured by a knurled screw. I haven't looked
at a DR Summicron in quite a while, but this arrangement is like what I
remember on them.

Am I talking about a different lens than you are?

--Eric Ladner