Subject: [Leica] Summaron eyes
From: ealadner at comcast.net (Eric Ladner)
Date: Fri May 13 15:40:00 2005

On May 13, 2005, at 1:23 PM, P2CON@aol.com wrote:

> However, those of us that have the newer version and don't like the
> eyes can
> still take off the eyes and use the lens by scale-focusing with the
> distance
> markings on the lens.

Do the eyes affect the rangefinder? I'd always assumed that they were
just to adjust the frame lines for 35mm, and that they were removable
to allow the lens to be used on the M2.

Oh, hold on: I just tried it, and it does make a big difference. A
distance that reads about twelve feet with the eyes reads eight feet
without! So this really is an M3 only lens, at least for using the
rangefinder.

--Eric