Subject: [Leica] use of photo without permission
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Apr 28 14:50:10 2005

Brad,
If you have registered the image with the copyright folks in Washington
this is your lucky day, the bidding starts at a few hundred thousand
dollars.  On the other hand, if have not registered, all you can do is
write a nastygram and ask that they pay you some nominal sum that works
out to a normal fee.  Again, this is assuming that it was published in a
commercial venture and not in a not for profit publication or pamphlet.

If it was the local newspaper or some other upstanding publication then
you might get somewhere in small claims court.

Good luck.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com