Subject: [Leica] summar / summitar /Summicron
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Apr 27 15:15:46 2005

Marc James Small wrote:
> At 09:57 AM 4/26/05 +0100, Peter Dzwig wrote:
>
>>I agree about the Summarit; it is fast (1.5), soft-ish wide open, but
>>pretty
>>good stopped down. About $300 for a good one. That's why it is my standard
>
> lens
>
>>on my IIIf. But it isn't that light.
>

> A good Jupiter-3 can be had for $100 or less and it is ten times the lens
> that the Summarit ever could beg to be.
>
> Marc
>

> msmall@aya.yale.edu
> Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!
Ouch Marc!

Years of using Russian cameras and lenses have taught me to be careful of
both -
unless I am lucky. Sorry but lenses are personal - even on Leicas - and I
happen
to like the Summarit. Any lens that can resolve a tree at 5 miles ain't all
that
bad.

Peter

Replies: Reply from datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff) ([Leica] summar / summitar /Summicron)