Subject: [Leica] Some new Leica photos ...
From: bonvini at optonline.net (Jay)
Date: Wed Apr 27 06:48:06 2005

Having come from the film industry - staying true to the "original" has been
the mantra.
The test has been after scanning an image into the computer - does it look
the same after output to film?
Kodak had the best film scanner - the Genesis. But we are talking 4K sized
images here at 24 frames per second - so it became a trade off between image
quality and speed. 8 bit linear vs 10 bit log color space.
At the beginning of digital film, the cost per frame was $9 per - 24 frames
a second and one element could get quite costly.
Many hours spent confirming that the output was as close to the same as the
original.

With external hard drives going for around $1 per gig now, file storage is
not an issue, it is more of have much ram does one's computer have. Hate
waiting for the image to update in Photoshop because the ram is too small.
Have found that a dual processor, 1.5gig handles it well. With fire wire
external drives. All about pipe size, isn't it?

Jay Ignaszewski