Subject: [Leica] Some new Leica photos ...
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed Apr 27 10:36:18 2005

At 1:51 PM +0200 4/27/05, nathan.wajsman@planet.nl wrote:
>Jay states that file size is not an issue for him, so my answer was
>based on that. The problem with JPEGs is not only the loss every time
>you save, but also the fact that if you later decide to do some further
>corrections, the result is much better if working from a 16-bit TIFF or
>PSD file than from an 8-bit JPEG.
>
>Nathan

That's where JPEG2000 comes in. It can handle 16bit files, plus some
other PS features and can save in various lossy sizes as well as
lossless. For the same quality, it compresses much more than regular
jpg, as it used new 'wavelet' technology. It also is an open
standard. It's just slow.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design