Subject: [Leica] Some new Leica photos ...
From: bonvini at optonline.net (Jay)
Date: Wed Apr 27 06:39:53 2005

Just added to my tips list

Thanks.

Jay Ignaszewski

-----Original Message-----
From: lug-bounces+bonvini=optonline.net@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+bonvini=optonline.net@leica-users.org]On Behalf Of
SonC@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2005 7:37 AM
To: lug@leica-users.org
Subject: Re: [Leica] Some new Leica photos ...

Hmmm.  I don't save in TIFF as it takes up  too much real estate on my
drives.  I save as high quality jpeg, usually  around 300 ppi (Negs, of
course get a
much higher ppi).

Then if I  edit the shot, I save it as another name , preserving the
original
scan.   Jpeg gets lossy if you save it over and over, so always edit a
duplicate of the  original scan.

I also do any unsharp masking after the resizing  and before I "save for
web," remembering to tick the box "save icc  profile."

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches,  Louisiana
Oldest continuous settlement in La Louisiane
?galit?, libert?,  crawfish

In a message dated 4/26/2005 11:41:28 P.M. Central  Daylight Time,