Subject: [Leica] The CL...a Dissenting Opinion
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Mon Apr 25 17:26:28 2005

I am probably the only one on this list who is enough of a curmudgeon to
say that I can't stand the Leica CL.  I owned one for a number of years
and really tried to like it.  However, I found the body too small and my
hands were always getting in the lens and the viewfinder.  It was my
experience that the rangefinder base is too short to focus easily.  The
front-mounted shutter speed dial was a big mistake; maybe I'm clumsy,
but three times I banged that dial into something, necessitating an
expensive trip to New Jersey.  I hated the vertical hang from the lugs
on one side.  The meter cell was attached to the moving stalk with too
brittle an adhesive and more than once the cell came off the stalk and
jammed the shutter.  Finally, the build just isn't as strong and as
tight as M series Leicas and it is prone to collect dust on the
interior.  That said, if you can find one of the Leitz 40mm Summicrons,
grab it, I really miss the lens.

        Buzz Hausner