Subject: [Leica] OT Nikons new cameras
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Apr 21 07:50:31 2005

I would suggest that Nikon's not having a full-frame 35 mm digital
offering has more to do with a philosophical/marketing decision than
lens mount: Nikon considers its pro market to be working PJs, for whom
durability, capture speed, battery life, dust and moisture seals,
reliabilty of electronics, etc. etc., are of far greater import than is
having a full-frame 35 body. In fact, for most, the large file size
generated by the full-frame sensor is quite impractical.

That, of course, in no way explains or excuses stupid things Nikon is
doing in the digital wars...:-)