Subject: [Leica] permission vs consensual photography
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Apr 21 07:07:53 2005

As someone who has done just that, has spent more days than I would care
to attempt to count with people who do, and who is constantly speaking
with people who do, I can say that I have never witnessed, or heard of,
a newspaper photographer asking before hand to take such a shot, or EVER
asking someone in a public place to sign a photo release. Ask afterwards
for basic caption information, including name, address, age, etc.? Any
time soma's identifiable, simply because the photo is potentially going
in a newspaper, and newspapers want to identify people. But that doesn't
mean that if there's a really spectacular shot, and the photographer
can't get id, that it won't run.