Subject: [Leica] permission vs consensual photography
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Wed Apr 20 20:02:57 2005

John W. Heintz writes in part:

> I've enjoyed following the way this discussion has developed from what
> appeared to be very simply stated, straightforward opposition to a
> rich, complex and nuanced discussion of the many different situations
> photographers find themselves in when doing candid photography,
> together with the expression of some basic ethical principles that
> most seem to agree on. That's the way serious ethical discussions have
> to go - no simple description of a situation states everything relevant
> to an ethical decision.

Hi John,

I've been following this thread with interest as well. Most of the
discussion has been relative to a "photojournalists" take on this but most
of the people posting are putting forward their take on this are "street
shooters", hobbyists (like myself) or professional photographers.

I'm not sure how many people we have on the list that go out on a daily
basis looking for interesting people photos to publish in a daily newspaper
or weekly magazine but I'd be interested in hearing from them on this topic.
Their thoughts and the policies or guidelines their employers' expect them
to follow.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] permission vs consensual photography)