Subject: [Leica] OT - Proprietary formats
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Apr 20 15:19:38 2005

Actually, I think not. Because I think that Nikon will quickly see that
doing this hurts it in terms of market share, which is what it's all
about. Photoshop is the industry standard for digital "darkroom" work,
and any manufacturer that tries to do an end run around Photoshop, or,
more to the point, force users to adopt a proprietary software, is in
for a rude surprise - imagine if a film camera manufacturer had produced
a camera that would only use Fuji film, and wouldn't work with Kodak, or
a camera that produced negatives that would only work with one kind of
enlarger or paper.