Subject: [Leica] PAW 14 - Knarled stump
From: ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben)
Date: Fri Apr 8 23:04:29 2005

Peter

Calibrating a screen does not result in your picture looking any better or
worse
You calibrate you screen to meet some standards - your epson printer - the
demands of your printinghouse - web graphic etc.
My screen is calibrated so that it is 95% true to kodak approval
colourmatching system at my favourite offsetprinter
I will have to click on his profile for colour og black and white paper
coated and uncoated in photoshop
That does influence the pictures I see on the web - some that looks great to
others looks crap to me and visa versa
This is the same reason that I never comment on contrast colour etc - only
image artistic qualities like composition etc.
I would not mess with the calibrating of my screen - it is to important a
tool for me to rely on
Even thoug my screen is calibrated I end up with a Kodak Approval print in
the end and I will be able to se small differences in colour - but with the
calibration I do get a head start
I like the picture you posted - frankly I find the red bars and general
layout disturbing in a degree were it is very hard to judge pictures
I wish they would cahnge that layout

cheers
Ruben