Subject: [Leica] LC1 vs 20D comparison
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Apr 8 08:26:17 2005

The limiting factor is NOT the resolution - it's the sensor size. I have
an 8 mgp P&S with a typically-tiny sensor, and an E-1 with a 5mpg 4/3
sensor - the 8mpg gets noisy by 400 iso and is a joke at 800. The E-1 is
fine at 400 and useable up to 1600, or in desperation, 3200. More over,
I can blow the E-1 images way up, and can't go as far with the 8 mgp
camera. Taking the LC1 or similar camera up to 8-10 mgp wouldn't improve
things - it would probably make them worse.