Subject: [Leica] M3 purchase
From: miki at arbos.net (MIKIRO)
Date: Fri Apr 8 00:28:38 2005

Mike-

Leica v.s. Zeiss discussion will take hours, days and more.
I tend to favour Zeiss.  ;-)

You may want to have a look at my 0.02 comments at

http://arbos.net/degustation.html

I think I am right in saying modern ASPH Leica glass is superior to
Zeiss glass, which is relatively old and comparable to Leica glass from
the same era. I am very much interested to see how the new non-ASPH
Zeiss will rival ASPH Leica but agree to an opinion that they lack big
innovations. They probably give comparable image quality with different
bouquets at somewhat lower prices. We will see.

Cheers,

Mikiro

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] M3 purchase)
Message from miki at arbos.net (MIKIRO) ([Leica] M3 purchase)